Friday, September 28, 2012

Still Life and Sketchbook

So this week in still life painting we had our first homework sketches of our epic 3 week project due, and of course sis an in class painting. I am leanring at I am FAR to stiff. Its exciting to learn to be looser and emulate the artists that I love! :D Anyways, this weeks in class assignment came out MUCH better then last week. Im actually really proud of it. I know it has its flaws, but its a huge step already! As for my homework, I get to paint my little cow/giraffe/rumanant figure I picked up a year ago for still life drawing. Mr. Lanza and I decided that the bottom left was the strongest, so with a few tweeks thats what I will be painting. Yay for getting to paint some fun! Weird, Im gettin super into it. Prolly because Lanza is a great teacher, even just in week 2. as opposed to some of me other teachers who are killing my creativity :( Just have to power through it!


 Inspired by my friend Toure, I collaged some city maps onto my sketchbooks! It was REALLY easy and cheap (free visitor maps for the pier and downtown). I painted a layer of matte medium on the sketchbook cover, then laid the dry map on top of it. Make SURE you seal the edges really good! Extra layers of medium around the edges! When that dries coat with a layer of gloss medium, again with a strong focus on the edges. I did 2 coats of gloss medium, so lets see how they hold up!


No comments:

Post a Comment